Scuba Diving Fins
A highly versatile fin, the SlingShot allows divers to frequent a wide range of conditions, from diving in cold water with thick exposure suits and heavier gear to cruising warm water reefs with minimal equipment. Silicone Power Bands and a Three-Speed Gear Shift allow divers to dial in the best speed-to-effort ratio and match the SlingShot to changing dive conditions and their own leg strength.
Features and Benefits
• A semi-rigid, technopolymer blade has an excellent spring effect for maximized thrust
• Blade ribs are made of two different elastomeric compounds and provide precise flex control
• Silicone Power Bands are loaded with energy during the down stroke, which they release prior to the upstroke for a power boost on every kick
• Three-Speed Gear Shift allows divers to dial in Power Band resistance for their body type or changing diving conditions, and adjustments can be made while wearing the fin
• A Mid-foot Flex Joint is used to attach the blade to the side of the foot pocket. This maximizes energy transfer from the leg and provides the power of a blade 30% longer
• The Mid-foot Flex Joint provides a greater range of blade motion, up to five times that of a standard paddle fin, and reduces strain on the ankle and toes
• Anti-slip rubber pads on the bottom of the foot pocket provide traction for moving around on boat decks
• Streamlined foot pocket provides an ergonomic fit for excellent energy transfer and accommodates a wide range of dive boots
• ESBS (Ergonomic Strap and Buckle System) uses a press-to-release button that is easily operated, even while wearing thick gloves
• Rubber heel straps are made with anti-aging compounds and have large finger loops at each end and in the middle for easy donning, even when wearing heavy gloves
• Colors: Black/Silver and Blue/Silver
The Express ADJ fin represents the latest in technology and material innovation. Comfort, power and efficiency are the hallmarks of this propulsion machine. Strap a pair on and see for yourself.
The Express fin works on the same principle as the popular Slingshot and Hotshot fins. The function of the Slingshot power bands has been converted into the Express “Armadillo”. This patented, elongated membrane is made from ultra-elastic rubber. Like power bands, it accumulates elastic energy during the down stroke and returns it at the end of each kick cycle.
The Armadillo also bridges the gap between the front of the foot pocket and the back of the blade, which eliminates any water transfer through the fin.
Features and Benefits
• The blade connects halfway back on the foot pocket at the Mid-Foot Flex Joint. This eliminates hyper-extension of the toes and ankles.
• The foot pocket is not only comfortable, but provides different thickness zones which properly secure the foot to the blade for maximum energy transfer.
• Rubber side ribs channel the water down the length of the fin minimizing the spill-over effect.
• Features the ESBS (Ergonomic Strap and Buckle System). The protruding press – to- release buttons can be operated easily even while wearing thick gloves.
• The strap, made of rubber with anti-aging compounds, has three convenient loops. This makes strap easy to tighten or pull up over the heel even with the thickest of gloves
• Over-sized, anti-slip rubber pads on the bottom of the fin
With the power for scuba diving and the sleek lines of a snorkeling fin, the Express is an excellent choice for warm water. The highly elastic “armadillo” hinge at the base of the blade absorbs energy during the power stroke and releases at the end of the kick cycle to maximize thrust. The blade is attached to the foot pocket using the Mid-Foot Flex Joint for efficient energy transfer and reduced leg strain.
Features and Benefits
• The blade is not directly attached to the front of the foot pocket. The fulcrum point is at the patented mid-foot location, known as the Mid-Foot Flex Joint. This takes the strain off of the toes and ankles, and allows the entire foot to be used, resulting in incredible comfort.
• To bridge the gap between blade and foot pocket an “Armadillo” membrane is used. The “Armadillo” is a patented, elongating membrane made out of super-elastic rubber. It serves two functions:
• Accumulates elastic energy during each kick and gives it back at the end of the kick
• Make a complete connection between foot pocket and blade, eliminating hydrodynamic gap that water can move through
• Made with different thickness zones for better transmission of power from leg to fin
• Integrated power transmission belt keeps pocket from stretching on power stroke
• Low profile eliminates drag and turbulence
• Large rubber side ribs are high enough to channel water flow down the blade without letting water “spill” over the edges
• Blade made of customized techno-polymer alloy that has high spring effect and flexibility to maximize acceleration
• Strong side ribs and rubber inserts on blade are made with a elastomeric compounds, customized for Aqua Lung to provide maximum elasticity
• Foot pocket made with rubber of different elasticities